Effective July 1, 2018, the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Philippines will no longer entertain walk-in visa applicants. All applications of Filipinos wishing to travel to South Korea should be coursed thru accredited travel agencies.
The new policy was brought about by the significant increase in visa applications received by the embassy which caused much inconvenience to the applicants.
“Total number of visa applicants increased from 90,000 in the year 2015 to 120,000 by the end of 2016. In the year 2017, total number of visa applicants recorded was around 160,000.” the embassy said.
The following travel agencies are accredited by the embassy to process visa applications.
- Aboex Travel and Tours
- Adventure International
- Ark Travel Express Inc.
- Blue Horizons Travel and Tours Inc.
- Budget Travel and Tours Inc.
- Casto Travel Philippines Inc.
- City Travel & Tours Corporation
- Come On Phils. Golf & Travel Agency Inc.
- Constellation Travels, Inc.
- First United Travel Inc.
- Getaway Tours International Inc.
- Grand Hope Travel, Inc.
- H.I.S (Philippines) Travel Corp.
- Hanatour Manila Inc.
- HankookCeb Corp.
- Horizon Travel & Tours, Inc.
- International Journeys Inc.
- Island Resort Club Tour Services, Inc.
- JTB Asia Pacific Phil. Corp.
- KP Joeun Consultancy Inc.
- Las Palmas Tours and Travel Agency, Inc.
- Marsman Drysdale Travel Inc.
- MNK Travel & Tours Corp.
- North Star International Travel, Inc.
- Pan Pacific Travel Corporation
- Party-On Travel and Tour Community Inc.
- Rajah Travel Corporation
- Rakso Air Travel and Tours Inc.
- Reli Tours and Travel Company
- Sharp Travel Service (Phils.) Inc.
- Swire Travel Phils., Inc.
- The Baron Travel Corporation
- Travel Pros
- Travelservices, Inc.
- Uni-Orient Travel, Inc.
Except for the two travel agencies located in Cebu City, all the rest are located in Metro Manila. If it is an inconvenience to apply directly to the accredited travel agencies, you may go to your trusted agency which has business dealings with some of them.
In the special cases listed below, walk-in visa applicants may be entertained.
- spouses and children of Koreans
- holders of visa issuance number
- government employees with official business trips
- those with humanitarian reason to travel to Korea urgently
Korea is a beautiful country especially during Autumn. Go visit. The best time to go is from mid-October to mid-November when the autumn colors are at their best.